Two fabulous things about doing this project: I get to meet some really interesting people and I visit new places. Today, I met Barry and his bicycle at Black Dam Ponds, Basingstoke and Caroline on the sea wall near Lymington.
After postponing various shoots because of the weather, it was a really challenging experience to make pictures in the rain today. Various questions whizzed through my brain: What would be the effect of rain on the lens? How wet can a Nikon D700 get before it starts to go funny? How quickly will hypothermia set in when the subject is wearing a pretty dress and a nice pair of shoes on the sea wall?
One thing I did discover - is that it is actually really difficult to work in adverse conditions, especially when shooting with unfamiliar kit (I should have stuck to my lesser D-200.) As a result of trying to rush and get the pictures before things got very unpleasant for my fantastic athletic volunteers, I didn't do a good job at all... So, Barry and Caroline... Can we meet up again, please?
p.s. Thank you to Lyn Caswell for holding the umbrella and driving me around.
p.p.s. If you have never been to Lymington: Go! Maybe you could even take a walk, or a run along the sea wall?

No comments:
Post a Comment