This blog is all about a photographic project which culminates in the exhibition, 'A Sporting Chance' at The Willis Museum in Basingstoke. The portraits of amateur athletes from across Hampshire are designed to celebrate grass roots sport during this Olympic year. The show opens July 14th and runs to August 11th. Admission is free.
Sunday, 24 June 2012
Almost there...
The hunt for professional printers and framers is over! Based on recommendations by ex-students and current staff at Newport, I have decided to go with Simon Regan and Peter Taylor to transform my digital files into work that will hang on the Willis walls. I had thought about getting the work framed in Hampshire, as the project is geographically focused, but then it clicked: Newport had been kind enough to give me a bursary towards the show, and I should use Welsh talent and craftsmen. I am very happy with my decision!
I've also been shooting a bit more, photographing a hand-ball player and a wheelchair basketball athlete over the past couple of days. On Thursday, I will photograph a gymnast from Basingstoke Gymnastics Club and I shall almost be done...
To find out more about Basingstoke Gymnastics Club, click here
Discover The Hampshire Hornets here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment