To find out more, or to have your portrait made for the show, please contact me at the following email address: denise.sportingchance@gmail.com
I shall be making the portraits at locations in and around the Basingstoke area during April and May.
The exhibition is being part-funded by a grant from University of Wales, Newport where I am currently in the 2nd year of a Documentary Photography degree. I am incredibly grateful for their financial help and am also very appreciative of the support of Jenny from The Willis Museum who has given me the opportunity to show my work.
Although I am yet to start 'shooting' for the project, I am planning on photographing my subjects in their ordinary clothes - rather than their sports gear - but either wearing, or holding kit that is relevant to their chosen discipline. (For example, I might have a photograph of a nurse in uniform, holding a discus!)
Below, I am posting a few images. The first is by Brian Griffin, he was commissioned to make work to celebrate the Olympics, and although I don't really like the 'rigidity' and artificiality of the poses, I love the fact that he shows us another side of these former athletes. The other portraits are mine. I thought that you might like to see some of my own work.
![]() |
| Portrait of Denise Lewis and Jonathan Edwards, by Brian Griffin |
![]() |
| From the series, 'Red' |



No comments:
Post a Comment